The SMART Spelling Manual
SMART Spelling is a sensible, systematic approach to teaching spelling. It clearly outlines a P-6 scope and sequence, and a model to meet the needs of the diverse learners in every class.
The manual is a 264 coil-bound resource for teachers that contains:
- Yearly scope and sequence from Prep – Year 6
- Week-by-week spelling lists – with the words broken up into sounds and syllables for you!
- Detailed background on syllables, sounds and letters
- The 4 Spelling Rules
- Plural Rules
- An easy model of differentiation
- Spelling activities
The SMART Literacy Restaurant Book
The SMART Literacy Restaurant is an approach to literacy support. The teaching strategies used are explicit and multi sensory. It is not a program, but a menu of suggested teaching activities. It provides students and staff with a predictable structure of Entrée, Main and Dessert.
Within this structure, there is a menu of teaching strategies based on evidence. Teachers select from the menu of teaching strategies to meet the needs of the students that they are supporting. Teachers may also choose to use other resources to complement this approach.
- Entrée: 42 pages of phonological awareness and 19 pages of vocabulary teaching activities.
- Main: SMART Spelling including checklists of important spelling patterns to teach.
- Dessert: 17 teaching strategies for reading (7 for decoding, 4 for fluency and 6 for comprehension).
- The innovative menu is a quick and easy way to plan and record the sessions.
How to Order
All orders are online and there are 3 ways to pay.
- Use Paypal
- Use your credit card without a paypal account
- Request a tax invoice to be emailed to you that you give to your school office to pay. If your school needs purchases to to have their official ‘Purchase Order Number’ on them, just add your number on checkout and we will add it to the invoice before we email it to you.
Click on the orange button above to buy and then choose how you would like to pay at the checkout.